On screen keyboard not popping up?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GoHack, May 9, 2010.

1. GoHack macrumors member

Sometimes when I want to go and type something, such as this I'm typing now, my on screen keyboard sometimes won't pop up. I need to shut the pad off and back on for it to pop up again. This just started happening.

Is there a reason that this is happening? Thx

2. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Dunno if this helps, but this happened to me too, but it was because I forgot to disconnect my iPad from my Bluetooth keyboard.

3. jobsfnby macrumors regular

This happens when you have a Bluetooth keyboard connected.

If you want the onscreen keyboard to come up while the Bluetooth one is still connected you can hit the eject button the keyboard and the software keyboard will pop up.

4. GoHack thread starter macrumors member

This hasn't happened before, but I went and turned my Bluetooth off just in case.

Looking at my Bluetooth keyboard, it looks like something may of been resting on it on my desk, so that could of activated the problem. We'll see.

Thank you everyone. :D

5. casajackiw macrumors newbie

I was having this happen on my iPhone 6 Plus. I did have an iPad with Bluetooth keyboard. I turned it off and it worked. Guessing because numbers are linked to show texts and notifications on both this is occurring. I think that whether or not you have a Bluetooth keyboard turned on for an iPad shouldn't affect your phone options. :(