On Shipment of several items from Apple Store

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ipsychedelic, Apr 6, 2012.

1. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Hello friends,

Of those of you who have ordered several items in one shot (1 order) from the Apple Store, what was the shipment like, regarding box placement?

I hate Amazon on the fact they send whatever becomes available on a single box (I know why they do that, several warehouses, average customer satisfaction for the regular US guy, and so on), so If I order 10 items from there sometimes I get 3, 4 boxes and it's a pain in the... for consolidation purposes, for those of us who ship overseas through a courier.

So is the situation the same for the Apple Store, or they send it on a single box (bets are 1 to 1000 that they do, and I kinda smell they will just ship on how many boxes as they see fit).

But asking just for kicks.

Thanks for your time.

2. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Same concept as Amazon; they'll ship whatever from whereever. One difference is that they show much more common sense when it comes to packaging. Amazon once sent me an unboxed hard drive (bulk) in a box that my microwave could fit in. Apple seems to have boxes to the exact size and specifications necessary.

A recent order, for example, was an iPad3, ATV3, and an extra iPad Power Adapter. iPad3 shipped from warehouse in Pennsylvania, ATV3 from warehouse in Tennessee, and adapter directly from factory in China.

One difference is that Apple doesn't allow any packages to be left at your door unless you presign using a form on the website. Even then, it's up to the driver. A tip you could take advantage of is that FedEx shipments can be redirected to be held at the local hub or at a nearby Kinkos for no charge.

3. ipsychedelic thread starter macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Man, you don't know how much help you have been. :)
    Thanks so much!!!

And yes you are correct, well at least you can see Apple packs stuff (the retail box of gear) real neat, when I got my iPod two years ago I was surprised at how neatly packed it was all in there.

And Amazon is kind of a joke. Once I ordered a cable on an "Amazon Frustration Free" package and well, the frustration was it being packed by itself on a box where indeed a microwave could fit.
    Suffice to say I paid some real nice shipping cost to south america for it (well, it was shipped with other stuff on other boxes, but still).

Thanks again, now I need to rethink my strategy. :)