?? On tempered glass screen protector

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Latinking25, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Latinking25 macrumors member

my question is can you take off a tempered glass screen protector off your phone and save it for a later time to use even if you've only had it on for like 3-4 days?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68000

Eh you'll probably have dust all under it and that will affect the protector so no?

3. Elisha macrumors 6502a

Elisha

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Not all products are the same. Depends on the protector and how you store it. Possible but unlikely to be like new when applied again. Also run risk of breaking glass when removing.

5. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I did it. My wife got a 6s (upgraded from 6). I pulled the protector off the 6 and out it in the 6s. Granted, I wasn't particularly hopeful but I felt silly just throwing it out without at least trying.

So, if you're careful, it's doable. This was the zagg by the way.

6. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

It's been said it's possible; but 9 times out of 10, once a screen protector is installed then removed, it's pretty much rendered useless. Most of these things are a one-shot deal.

7. Truefan31 macrumors 68040

Truefan31

Yes u can do it but be careful to not get dust on it.

Cinder protectors are pretty friendly toward reapplications

8. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I've done it with a Godosmoth Ice Max 3D. It wasn't long-term, mind you, just a removal and reapply, but it did work.

9. xymay macrumors member

No, I once removed a protector a few seconds after applying, the protector no longer worked as there's always air bubbles inside.

10. idanny34 macrumors regular

I've done this a few times with a Godosmith Ice Max 3D. Removed the screen protector and placed it on a clean lint roller sheet. Reapplied it a few weeks later and the only problem I had was that it took a bit longer for all the bubbles to disappear.

11. kingston73 macrumors 6502

The rhino shield is reusable, and so is cinder. I've done it to both of them with no issues at all.