On the 13" Zoom text only vs entire page text/images with "command +" feature

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vanimal, Apr 24, 2015.

1. vanimal macrumors 6502a

May be a silly question, but i noticed the text font is a bit small on the 13" Air compared to the 13 "MBPR default "retina" setting comparing them next to each other in the store. I have pretty good eyes but its a lot easier and far less straining to zoom in on the text if i have the laptop next to me on the couch and not so close. Even with my eyes i like the +1 zoom in safari for most pages. Much easier on the eyes if I'm not looking for screen real estate. One of the reasons i prefer the 13" over the 11 MBA is i think the text zoom works good with that 1.3" extra screen.

For those who use the Command + feature to zoom in a bit time to time, do you guys have it set to zoom text only, or just zoom the whole page? I figure you would only want to zoom the text right? Or does it not really matter? Just curious, perhaps too much OCD :D;):p

2. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Edit: I think i figured it out. The "Zoom text" only looks weird on some pages like Facebook, where you would post your status etc. It runs the text together. I think the best option would be the "zoom all".

But most of the time i just run safari non zoomed. Just wanted to see what others were using :)

3. cruisin macrumors 6502a

cruisin

I go the other way. Safari is at 100%, but the screen resolution is set for more space.

Zooming the whole page is better, because some sites have a built in design prepared for a specific font size (like your Facebook example).

4. vanimal thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks! I will try your way see how i like it. And yes i ran into that problem with Facebook already. So zoom whole page is better. OS X has all this nifty tricks, i dig it.