iPad on the air vs the mini. glass half full or half empty

Discussion in 'iPad' started by isephmusic, Nov 8, 2013.

1. isephmusic macrumors 6502

im having a hard time justifying my 500 dollar purchase of my air. its 16gb and no way to add anymore storage so as i looked at other options i see that the retina mini would be 32gb for the same price. what would u guys go for ?

16gb air or 32gb mini. i can either see it as its "only 100$ to get up to the air " or as im saving a hundred or they are both equal but you get double storage at the same price point.

very hard to decide lol.:rolleyes:

2. Tzuten macrumors 6502

It all depends on your use case. Since my iPad is usually used at home portability isn't a huge concern however the Air is still plenty portable. So I appreciate the more screen real estate.

16 suits me fine. I had a 32 iPad 3 but never came close to filling it up. I have a home cloud server that I stream what I need from my home network if I'm remote. I don't physically store movies or large media. I do have a few large games but only keep the ones on there that I currently play.

IMO Apples storage pricing sucks. An additional 16 gb should be 30-45 bucks and not 100.

So if you're the type that likes to store lots of movies or your entire music collection the 32 Mini might suit you. The additional screen size while still being very portable was my choice.

3. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

Personally, i choose the bigger screen over the extra storage. I don't use my iPad outside of home very often so i dont need to take alot of data with me. 16gb fits my needs just fine.

4. inselstudent macrumors 6502a

There are arguments for both devices and in the end no one will be able to make the decision for you (other than you :)). A Mini gives you better portability, an air gives you more screen size. IMO it really is at simple as that.

Have you owned or tried both screen sizes? I have and I find the mini far more compelling - and I'm now on a non-retina Mini, had an ipad 3 before, and still don't even plan to upgrade to the new model. But that's just my opinion/opinion and I would never try to force it onto anyone.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. scupking macrumors 6502a

Go with the mini 32gb. You might not think you will use the storage but it's nice to have. I only have 3G. Left on my mini. I went with a 32gb air but will return it and get a mini r

7. Capt T macrumors 6502a

I went for the air, because that is what is best for my uses.

However if you are fine with the size of the mini, and you seem to have some buyers remorse, perhaps you should take the air back for a mini.

8. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Primarily home use: Bigger is best. Absolutely.
    Frequent travel and portability: Mini.

9. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

16GB isn't much, get the 32GB Mini.

I filled my 16GB 1st Gen iPad very quickly, and that was 3 years ago. My 16GB iPhone 5 is full, have to take photos off it to take more (I don't use photo stream). ...I replaced the iPad with a Mini and I don't miss the larger screen. It is larger than the 7" tablets out there, just enough to make a difference, IMO.

10. comatose81 macrumors 6502a

The decision of the century!!! The rest of the world waits with bated breath to see what you choose!!!

11. New Apple macrumors regular

12. TJ5921 macrumors regular

Same situation. Might just spring for the 32 GB Air but I want a smart case as well and will probably sell and upgrade next year. Mini 32 GB would be much easier to resell.