On the day: Easiest process for 3GS to i4 upgrade

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewb21, Jun 10, 2010.

1. andrewb21 macrumors member

Ok, so I've read through most of the threads on upgrading questions and AT&T's changes recently, etc. so I'll make this as simple and straightforward as possible.

My girlfriend and I have a family plan, both 3GS phones. She is up for an upgrade, so I am going to use it for i4. What's the easiest way to get this done without interfering with her line?

-preorder to home and visit AT&T store to activate SIM on my line? (they then deactivate my 3GS SIM right?)

-preorder for pickup at Apple Store, wait in line and then have them take care of the line transfer? (AT&T rep didn't advise this as they don't have complete access to the account and it could mess things up for my girlfriends line...or they just want the in-store business ;))

-preorder for pickup at AT&T Store, I really don't want to do this as I'd have to wait until the 25th, correct?

Any recommendations are appreciated. Cheers.

2. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Pre-order have shipped to home.

Before connection to iTunes, call AT&T and let them know you are going to "upgrade swap". They will associate the new micro-sim to your line.

Activate via iTunes.

See upgrade guide.

3. andrewb21 thread starter macrumors member