On the Day of the Release

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ds252, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ds252 macrumors regular

Just wondering if on the day of the release hopefully the 5th will only apple stores get it that day and then stores like best buy, circuit city, and futureshop get it later. Do people think they'll have enough if i go at around 4 that day they'll have. Historically how many do they ship out.

thanks for the help

2. aristobrat macrumors G5

From what I've seen, Apple stores get the new products before Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

The only iPod I bought on launch day was the 1st-generation Nano, which the store closest to me had in stock.

It's been my general experience that the public doesn't follow the announcements all that closely, so if a store does have something on launch day, there's typically enough to go around.

3. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I wouldn't worry about stock of iPods, only die hard Apple fanatics get down deep with the rumors, watching launch day, etc. The rest of people usually find out later and buy when it's convenient... So i say don't worry but who knows with the hysteria that comes about from big releases of anything these days :p ... just kidding, you should be fine.

4. SactoGuy18 macrumors 68030

SactoGuy18

Here's a question though: how long after the Apple Store gets them will the likes of Best Buy, Circuit City, Fry's Electronics, Target, Wal-Mart, etc. get the new model? My guess is about 3-4 days.

5. ds252 thread starter macrumors regular

I dunno if it matters but doesn't electronic stores receive their shipments on Wednesday's or Friday's if i remember correctly so i suppose Friday with them selling them on saturday but that's just off the top of my head.