On the edge...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Quad 2.5 G5 =), May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quad 2.5 G5 =) macrumors 6502

I am selling my PowerBook 17", and I might also sell my 2.4Ghz Black MB.
    What is the best MBP to get?...
    1.New 2.4 Uni 15" MBP.
    2.Refurb 2.53 Uni 15" MBP

The refurb sells for the same price ($1,999) at the Online Apple Store that the new 2.4 MBP does.
    What should I be worried/concerned about if I get the Refurb?
    I saw that the 2.53 comes with double the VRAM on the 9600M, has double the RAM, and has a 320GB HDD compared to the 2.4, which has 250GB.
    Do the refurb laptops come with new batteries and in original boxes? Also, how much can I get for my MB? $1300? (It comes w/ AppleCare)

2. kindablue09 macrumors regular

kindablue09

As far as the refub model goes, I don't believe anything was wrong with that particular model. So go ahead and buy the refurb! The same purchasing policy applies so you can return it in 14 days for any reason (small defects) if you find one. Plus you still have the year of apple care.

They come packaged just like the original models but in an unimpressive white box.

Also, I think you should expect a few cycles on the battery, not too many though.

3. Shake 'n' Bake macrumors 68020

Shake 'n' Bake

They have new batteries. Refurbs are computers returned for any reason. Once Apple gets them, they fix what is wrong, give it a new battery and whatnot. You could argue they're better than new.

4. Quad 2.5 G5 =) thread starter macrumors 6502

Would you know what I can sell my Black MB for?
    It has the latest 2.4Ghz processor, 2GB RAM,and a 250GB HD.
    It also has AppleCare. Do you think I could get $1300? The battery's health is at 96%

5. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.