Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

motoleo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 27, 2012
I never bought an iPad 2, but for some reason, I want this.

It would be a absolute treat to have, don't you think?

While new iPad isn't Dynamic- ( there's nothing to make you jump up and down like a monkey ) I'm thinking, should I wait for that break-though? Like I've been doing for so long, should I wait for "The Dynamo"?

And then there's the equally attractive iPad 2, that's now around $300. So what do I do?!?

Who else is on the fence?

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
I'm torn between getting the new iPad and just getting the $349 refurbished iPad 2.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
I don't think you're ever going to see a "breakthrogh" iPad the way you think

The breakthrough will come via iOS. There's only so much Apple can pack into an iPad. I don't think that other than larger flash drive a better processor and maybe a couple other minor things, you're not going to see anything major for a couple years.

I think now iOS needs to further mature on the iPad. Whether its widgets or a different multitasking process or things I haven't thought of is where the next big "thing" is going to be.

If you like the current iPad enough I say buy it. I have an iPad 2 and I'm going to wait until I can go to an Apple store and compare the screens. If its that big of a difference I'll probably buy it. If not I'll wait for the next version.

Signor S.

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2011
What were you hoping for exactly? 128GB option? Siri functionality? While you keep twiddling your thumbs and wait on the "next latest and greatest Apple iPad" I'm going to buy an iPad 3 and enjoy it for years to come because this has been a phenomenal upgrade.

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2008
buy it now, if you deem next years upgrade is worthy sell it you will probably still get a minimum of $400 for it and essentially upgrade for $100

----------

The breakthrough will come via iOS. There's only so much Apple can pack into an iPad. I don't think that other than larger flash drive a better processor and maybe a couple other minor things, you're not going to see anything major for a couple years.

I think now iOS needs to further mature on the iPad. Whether its widgets or a different multitasking process or things I haven't thought of is where the next big "thing" is going to be.

If you like the current iPad enough I say buy it. I have an iPad 2 and I'm going to wait until I can go to an Apple store and compare the screens. If its that big of a difference I'll probably buy it. If not I'll wait for the next version.

Dam you I hate your avatar. Go Patriots....sorry I know off topic

MagnumJoe

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2008
I was in the same boat as you. However I've never bought an iPad but the experience of apple products at least to me are AWESOME. I started wanting an iPad in Nov 2011. My girl and her kids all got one for Christmas which made me want one even more. Finally we hear there's going to be an announcement Mar 7th, boy that was a long 2 weeks to wait and anticipate. My thought originally were to wait until the release and buy a 32GB refurbish iPad 2. I was hoping the iPad 2 32 wi/fi only would be 399, but as it turns out its 449.00 and before the release of the new iPad it was 499.00. So I thought about it and after hours of thought I placed my order for the new iPad.

rocknblogger

macrumors 68020
Apr 2, 2011
New Jersey
buy it now, if you deem next years upgrade is worthy sell it you will probably still get a minimum of $400 for it and essentially upgrade for $100

----------

Dam you I hate your avatar. Go Patriots....sorry I know off topic

Two and ohhhh in the Superbowl! Niiice :D

newyorksole

macrumors 603
Apr 2, 2008
New York.
I don't get why some of you are always so disappointed. It's all about the user experience. The iPad is blazing fast, beautiful, intuitive, everything just works. This is the 3rd iPad and it's groundbreaking as it is.

Like someone else said, iOS is really where the bells and whistles will come in. The iPad can do so much and has so many quality apps made for it so you guys should appreciate what Apple has done.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I'm torn between getting the new iPad and just getting the $349 refurbished iPad 2.

This. Or even a NEW ipad 2 for $360 if you have a MicroCenter near you. I do. Not sure. Yet, at the same time, I'm trying to think of the future. Will an iPad 2 last really well for another 1, 2, 3 years?

m1at1

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2012

Yeah, iOS can be greatly improved. Safari also. I think they should bring in more gestures. like gestures for watching videos like double finger fast forward etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.