On The Fence

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fyrmedic, Jan 19, 2008.

1. fyrmedic macrumors member

Ok I have the money to purchase an Iphone. I know the there is always going to be upgrades ect. but I have some questions for the users

#1 do you feel like the 8g of memory is way too small or do most people get by?

#2. will the average user Really see an improvement if a 3g phone comes out.

#3. do you think that the developer kit will solve some of the shortfalls of the phone? For me and my usage needs/wishes are. Voice dial(bluetooth would be my pref) weak calendar app.(I need a week view and custom event repeat IE every 10 days ect) and an MMS would be nice.

I know these questions require conjecture and poss rumors so in the opinion of the forum....Go get that sucker or wait:confused:

2. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

oops

ok..ok so people are tired of the buy now or wait and I just saw the other thread....I just want voice dial and a week view in ical for the phone:eek:

3. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

4. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

There is a week view. It is called List.

5. dacreativeguy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

why can't people just make their own decisions without all the annoying 'should I/shouldn't I' posts.

Do you go to the grocery store and ask everyone you see if you should buy eggs? If I buy eggs today they are just going to expire in 2 weeks and then there will be brand new eggs to buy. Should I buy now or wait? Did you buy eggs when you were hungry or did they decide to wait for newer eggs? And don't forget "if I buy my eggs and take them home and they fall on the floor, will the store replace my eggs?" or "if I buy eggs today and then notice tomorrow that the store has new eggs that expire a week later, will the store allow me to return my eggs for the newer eggs?"

Buy or buy not, there is no should I -- yoda

6. arnette macrumors 6502

arnette

You need a hug. This is what the forums are historically all about. Just embrace it.

7. Pennine macrumors 6502

8. elmo151 Guest

Ok I have the money to purchase an Iphone. I know the there is always going to be upgrades ect. but I have some questions for the users

#1 do you feel like the 8g of memory is way too small or do most people get by?
    no. the memory hog is music. you can easily be selective on what you download
    #2. will the average user Really see an improvement if a 3g phone comes out.
    depends on your use. it's easy to find a wi-fi spot in most places. works fine on edge for all but safari and sometimes maps

#3. do you think that the developer kit will solve some of the shortfalls of the phone? For me and my usage needs/wishes are. Voice dial
    no
    (bluetooth would be my pref) weak calendar app.(I need a week view and custom event repeat IE every 10 days ect)
    possibly. remember its a small screen
    and an MMS would be nice.
    doubtful

9. fyrmedic thread starter macrumors member

oooh

do you just buy a car off a lot without researching? would you buy a house without a home inspection? would you buy a computer without looking at specs and maybe a review or two?

Who better to ask questions of than the experienced users. thanks all that replied to my specific questions great forum.

10. iPhelim macrumors regular

eggs....iPhone....the same really aren't they?

11. knoxtown macrumors 6502

I have 450 songs, The Bourne Ultimatum, and The Simpsons Movie on my phone. Not to mention, multiple podcast and photos... I still have plenty of room, don't worry about space.

Get it now! You won't regret it.