On The Fence

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by canucks-17, Jul 18, 2008.

1. canucks-17 macrumors regular

canucks-17

So, I'm one on the Yay or Ney iPhone fence, I have a KRZR, and a decent plan. The iPhone plan is definetly better than mine, more texts more minutes but I just don't know if I can justify the purchase. I need some re-assurance to ditch the Moto.

2. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

Offhand I'd say that all depends on if you need the features the iPhone offers. I got mine because I wanted a full-fledged iPod combined with a phone. I also find its various other smartphone functions sweet and the free applications I can get off the installer.

I wouldn't automatically recommend the iPhone to anyone who didn't display some kind of need for some of its key features to start off with. If all you're looking for is something to phone and text with, or if a function-loaded MP3 player on your phone isn't all that important I'd tell you to give the iPhone a miss.

Unless of course you really, really want it just because it's the iPhone, but in that case I think you'd already have it =D

I had a Motorola for the longest time and it always served me well. *shrug*

3. pranavss11 macrumors 6502

+1 I agree. There is also the whole web browsing experience which is awesome. I got it for the ipod + phone + web browsing. You really need to sit down and think if you need its features. If you do then go for it or just stick to your KrZR