On-the-go playlist question/help - How do I save?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ipsamtrash, May 24, 2010.

1. ipsamtrash macrumors newbie

How do I save an on-the-go playlist from my ipod touch? When I plug it into the computer it deletes it....

I'm mostly interested in how to do this without plugging it into my computer. With my old ipods, you could save it right from the ipod and I don't see a feature like this for the touch.. but why would they remove it?

anyways, I don't use Itunes because it is evil, slow, and all around intolerable; do I HAVE to use itunes to save my on-the-go playlists?

2. mzd macrumors 6502a

you can look for a playlist titled "On-The-Go-1" or similar. it will be moved down with the other playlists in alphabetical order. this is what happens if you sync with iTunes. i'm not sure what happens in other software.
    unfortunately, the iPod touch does not let you create multiple On-The-Go playlists. i agree, this sucks. it is an option for all other iPods (not iPhone). it was very useful, particularly if you were away from your computer for a longer period of time. i don't know if it is back in the new OS 4 or not?