On the Go playlist?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Knowlege Bomb, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I've had no luck with this. On my old iPod I could just double click the button and it'd add it to the OTG playlist.

How do I do this on my iPhone?

2. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I appreciate the link but for whatever reason, it's blocked here on my work computer.

Any chance of a brief summary? (I have my iPod paused...) :eek:

3. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Tap the iPod icon on the iPhone’s home screen.
    Select the Playlists tab at the bottom of the screen.
    Select On-The-Go.
    If you’ve never created an On-The-Go playlist before, a list of all the songs on your iPhone will automatically pop up along with blue and white plus sign icon.
    Tap the plus sign or anywhere within the box around each track to add a song to your list.
    You’re not limited to adding songs. You can add podcasts, audiobooks, and even videos (although videos won’t play if the phone is in sleep mode). Simply tap any of the tabs at the bottom of the screen to browse through your media and add it to the list.
    If you accidentally add the wrong song, you can delete the song later in edit mode, but for now, you’re stuck adding items to your list.
    When you are finished creating your On-The-Go playlist, hit the Done button in the upper right corner.

4. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

So there's no way to do it from the "Now Playing" screen?

Nothing against you at all but that method is extremely inconvenient for someone with a lot of music. Just so happens the song I was wanting to add is from the ONLY album in my library that I hadn't gotten track information for yet so I had to scroll all the way down to the T's (I have about 3500 tracks). Quite the thumb workout...

5. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Unfortunately, that's the only way to do it.

6. Knowlege Bomb thread starter macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb