On-The-Go Playlists?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kclives, Oct 16, 2007.

1. kclives macrumors member

Was this feature not included on the touch, or am i doing it wrong?

2. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

It's definatly included and WAY better than before. Instead of holding the button/finger on a song to add it to the playlist, just make an On The Go playlist and pick your songs! You can flick through all your songs on the iPod and select any you want add to the playlist. You can even delete and reorder songs.

3. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

^if you look it that way it's better, but you can only make one on-the-go playlist on your ipod touch at the time, or am i wrong?

4. kclives thread starter macrumors member

5. MonM macrumors newbie

You can only make one at a time so far as I know, but your old on the go play lists are stored when you sync. Under music>playlists on my touch it lists On-The-Go 1 through On-The-Go 5. No idea how many it will save though.

6. lofight macrumors 68000

lofight

okay, but it's really easy on the touch, because once you have a on-the-go playlist, you can only delete the songs one by one :(

7. blondechic578 macrumors newbie

blondechic578

actually, you can delete the whole playlist with one button- you just click "clear"....or at least you can on the 2G which i assume your not talking about...

But is there a way to add the song you are currently listening to, to the on the go playlist? I tried but it made me scroll through all my artists to find it...

8. Gyrferret macrumors regular

Gyrferret

Why is it that some people believe there is a "software" difference between the two? Really, there's only the features that apple announced. Everything else, software wise, is the same.

Playlists, Playback, Settings. Mhm.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

If you have the 2.2 version you may click the "clear" button and format your on-the-go playlist. All iPod Touches and iPhones have this feature.
    There is no limit to how many of these playlists you may have. iTunes only adds the next number in line to it.
    Again, there is no way to add the current song that is playing on your iPod Touch to the on-the-go playlist.