On the iPhone 4S, there appears to be no way to...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hakr100, Oct 22, 2011.

1. hakr100 macrumors 6502a

1. Have a lower sound level on email and message notifications than on the phone ringing...they all seem to be the same volume, or did I miss a setting somewhere?

2. Put on the Home Page a "switch" that turns Wi-Fi or 3G Network on or off. You have to drill down through settings to do this, or am I missing a switch or setting somewhere?

3. have "Blacklist" software on the phone so phone calls you do not want get dumped automatically.

I wonder why Apple has so crippled these new phones in terms of utility but so loaded them up with tons of features I wonder how many buyers ever use.

2. RafaelT, Oct 22, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2011

RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

1. Not Possible, some sounds are not as loud or intrusive as others though and you can use those.

2. Not possible.

3. You may be able to achieve that functionality through a running app, not sure though.

Apple likes to keep things simple, most people would not use those features on a daily basis.

3. zflauaus macrumors 65816

1) The only phone I've found to do this are BlackBerrys.

2) Jailbreaking is the only option for toggles.

3) Call your carrier. They would be able to block numbers for you.

And please, don't do....

....teaser titles.

4. hakr100 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I find the iPhone as complex as my recently sold Android phone. In fact, there are far more settings in Settings.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "running app." Do you mean "running," as in exercise, or something else entirely? :confused:

5. RafaelT macrumors 65816

RafaelT

You would have to have an app running, like this one ...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/personal-blacklist/id451736852?mt=8

I don't know if that will accomplish what you are looking to do.

6. nfl46 macrumors 603

The only way to do those things is to wait on the jailbreak for the 4S. Once it is available, your phone turns into a SUPER phone, lol. It irks me when Android people say, "Oh, the iPhone isn't customizable..." That is BS! Once its jailbroken, you can do pretty much anything!