On the 'leaked' best buy thing...

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tkiss, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tkiss macrumors regular

it says:
    Street date: Nov 09, 2008.
    That would mean they will be released next month?

This is speculation.

2. chukwithak macrumors member

3. Aranince macrumors 65816

No. From what I have herd, the Apple stores already have the Macbooks in stock. They just can't take them out of the boxes until tomorrow.

4. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

Sweet.
    I emailed the apple guy at my local best buy yesterday about whether they would be available tomorrow but he has not responded. He probably wont.

5. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Link? Pics of closed boxes?

6. Munitalp macrumors 65816

I saw that too but I think they will be out much sooner, within two weeks at least... the Best Buy thing also says its 0.1 pounds.

7. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, so here is to hoping that it is fake!

8. Winter Charm macrumors 6502a

Winter Charm

I went to the Charlotte, NC Apple Store-- the manager is a friend of mine... he said he had the boxes.... he just cant open them... :p

But that's ok

he's an untwisted Manager...(if he was twisted he woulda given me one right then) lol so he didnt open teh boxes, he showed me the shippiing lable, and those are boxes from Apple...

so tuesday it is! :cool:

9. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

It makes sense that they already have ready to sell. There was a rumor a couple weeks ago about macbooks shipping. So Apple probably did what they did on the iPhone just stock piled them at their distributors until late last week.

10. Tunez macrumors newbie

If the apple stores have them in stock... Will all the apple stores (in the UK) have them, for sale on tuesday aswell...

11. otis123 macrumors 6502a

I'm pulling out the BS card on the BB inventory report, the latest they will be available i think is this weekend

12. wickedawesome31 macrumors member

This might get asked a lot, but do you guys think that they will be available to buy in the stores tomorrow, or will it more likely be on Wednesday? I was thinking about it earlier, and I mean, they aren't going to open all of the apple stores at 8 am with all new macbooks, because the keynote hasn't taken place yet. But after the keynote, would they really swap out the macbooks in the store immediately? Or would they be on sale beginning on Wednesday? What do you guys think?

13. tkiss thread starter macrumors regular

Good they have them in Charlotte. I hope they have them at the Best Buy in winston salem. Charlotte is too far away.