On The Lot

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MLeepson, May 25, 2007.

1. MLeepson macrumors 6502

Has anyone been watching it? It seems like a good show and they use Macs for all their editing.

On Thursday's episode, I think Time Out was the best. I think that mainly because of visual effects.
    I was looking around on the web site and on the site they posted all of the videos that were done for each task. (http://www.thelot.com/episodes/)

I suggest watching: Sponsored By, Time Out and Out Of Time 1.

2. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yep, I watch this. Some of those people are really ****ing annoying and full of themselves; it's almost like watching film school. :p

I liked the one with the awesome visual effects. I hope all three of those guys make it far. I think I'm going to like everyone on there once they get rid of the annoying guy that yelled at those two ladies about their editing.

EDIT: It was Time Out that I liked. I really didn't like Out Of Time 1 much at all. It seemed really cliche.

3. MLeepson thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree. I love the visual effects, especialy with the simple shots. I like that Zack guy a lot.

4. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

Yeah. I can't wait until the voting starts. When is the next episode, Monday?

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

When that one guy with the glasses got cut and started crying. I was like "Welcome to the real world kiddo."

With the exception of some interesting film making, I'm finding it a little hard to watch. The "who is more pretentious" contest can be excrutiating.

6. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I just saw my first episode yesterday since a friend told me they used macs ! I thought it was great and can't wait t see the next episode.

7. it5five macrumors 65816

it5five

It amazes me that some of these people even got onto the show to begin with. Even in only 1 year of basic general education film classes, I've learned what NOT to do when pitching a film.

It was great because the guy went in thinking he had this totally original and great idea for a film. I can't even remember what it was, something about a guy transforming into a rat or something?

Oh, and the guy that was WAY over the top. Wow. Terrible. I can't even begin to think about why he thought that would be a good idea.

8. Hummer macrumors 65816

Hummer

9. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah I totally agree. But this doesn't come as a surprise, because everyone with the name Zack kicks ass. hehe