Resolved On the scrounge again!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by jbarley, Sep 14, 2015.

1. jbarley macrumors 68030

jbarley

Wondering if anyone might have a Tiger (10.4.11) compatible copy of a Mail App plugin I've been searching for?
    Either LetterBox 1.6 or a version of WideMail for Tiger would make me a happy camper.:)

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

3. jbarley thread starter macrumors 68030

jbarley

4. Gamer9430 macrumors 68020

Gamer9430

WayBack Machine is awesome! I usually use it for finding abandoned software, looking at defunct websites, or looking at major websites and the way they looked in the past. Pretty neat stuff!

5. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

It's useful. But there are other ways to get what you are looking for.

People are creatures of habit and if they download something and then post it online many people don't bother to rename it. Why bother?

macupdate.com had a blown link to the Tiger download. But the link contained the filename of the DMG. Had the Wayback Machine not had that my next step would have been to search for the DMG by it's filename. Guaranteed, someone, somewhere posted it online without changing the name. I would have found it that way.

What gets me sometimes though is that people don't realize if they stick something online it can be found, even if there is no 'real' website connected to their file location.

You would be surprised what you could find if you searched for the name of an app and then added the word "index" to the search. Doing that tells Google to search the file index of websites. Which is exactly where people tend to stash this stuff. :D

6. Dronecatcher macrumors 68000

Dronecatcher

Great advice - just used this info to snag some software I've been after for ages :)