On UK Uni Network - what info is required for HE discount?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by NicktheNorse, Apr 25, 2010.

1. NicktheNorse macrumors member

Hello!

I'm looking into buying a MBP at some point in the near future. I am at university but am away at the minute. I'll be looking to use the HE discount and ordering my laptop once I get back so I can use the online UK Education store via my department network. Has anyone else recently done this? What was the experience like?

I'm specifically wondering what information the online order requires. Is it just like a normal Apple online purchase? Will they be able to ship to an address which does not match my credit card details? My credit card is not registered to my term-time address.

Cheers :)

2. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

It's exactly like a normal purchase. Because I ordered from my university's network they didn't require anything extra as proof. My brother ordered over the phone last year, as proof they asked him to email a scan of his student ID so you could do that if you're impatient.

I don't know about shipping addresses, but I'd expect so.

3. Dark Dragoon macrumors 6502a

Dark Dragoon

Check to see if your uni has a VPN service, most should.

That way you can just login to the VPN from wherever you are and access the Apple HE store as if you were on campus.

This is what I've done for a few of my Apple purchases.

4. drummerlondonw3 macrumors 6502a

drummerlondonw3

ordered mine fine with no extra information needed, from network.

beware though you have a maximum limit so if you are going above that in one year you should probably use another card and apple account to order with