on windows xp, I could search most recently accessed files- how do on Tiger??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tkjazzer, Jun 12, 2008.

1. tkjazzer macrumors 6502

On windows I could do a search to check the most recently accessed files, recently modified files, etc.

How do I do that on Tiger?

I'm going to pick up my computer from the Genius Bar repair guys, or apple care, whatever it is called and I just want to do a quick search to see if they kept their nose to themselves or if they poked around a bit.

So how do i do it?

Thanks all!

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

if you go to the :apple: menu, there should be a "recent items" option, that expands to show applications, and documents that have been recently opened.

(you can also change how many recent items this menu will remember under system prefs/appearance.)

3. tkjazzer thread starter macrumors 6502

can you see the times and date used, etc? like the details about when the app was opened?

4. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

not using this method, in leopard you can make smart seaches in the finder that might help. im not sure how to help further with tiger. sorry!

5. e.m. macrumors 6502

i would install the default OS that came on the install discs before i send it in for repair if you are worried about others snooping around.

but like others said, you can look in recent items, or arrange your finder window to show items by date changed, added, etc.