once 4.1 jailbreak out..

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bw1128, Sep 17, 2010.

1. bw1128 macrumors 6502a

once the jailbreak is out, how would it work? i have never upgraded to jailbreak. do you first upgrade to 4.1 then jailbreak or what? will i lose all of my cydia apps, which im not to worried about since i have pkgbackup. but will i lose all the movies i have saved in unlimvideos?

any advice would be appreciated. thanks!

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I think you asked this question before, anyways...nobody knows.....

Each jailbreak is different, so the upgrade/jailbraking process may be diference. I've been jailbreaking since day one, and pretty much each jailbreak add something to it that is different from the one before.

So until the actual JB is released and instructions are posted, there is not way to know what the update path will be.

all you got to do is to wait and read up, the instructions will be literally ALL over. All you can do now is to make sure all your SHSHs are saved and NEVER...NEVER under any circumstances do an iTunes Upgrade/Update.

Chances are you will lose all your jailbreaking apps and settings and you will have to re-install them, so yes PKGbacup or a paper with a list of stuff you got install is always advisable

3. bw1128 thread starter macrumors 6502a

i havent asked this questions before, but thanks for the info. thats waht i thought.

4. gadgetdad macrumors 6502a

gadgetdad

Sure would be a fine day to have them release a jailbreak. :)