Once more: iPhone 4S battery trouble (but a little different)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by desertman, Sep 15, 2014.

1. desertman, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

desertman macrumors 6502a

Hello forum,

My six months old iPhone 4S is loosing every night between 15 and 25 percent of its battery charge while being unused and (from 10:30 pm to 6:30 am) in Do Not Disturb mode. My six months old iPad Air looses in the same time usually only 1 to 3 percent, sometimes even zero percent.

During the day the battery seems to lose charge quite normal; the trouble is really happening at night when it is unused. I also let the battery run twice completely down to zero, hoping that this would recalibrate the battery, but this unfortunately did not help either.

iPhone and iPad have essential the same energy (saving) settings - i. e. Bluetooth off, email on Fetch, and more.

I got this iPhone just some weeks ago. Before I had another iPhone 4S that was two years old and had a much better battery life. After initially restoring the new iPhone from a backup of the old iPhone I then even set it up as a new iPhone and put everything in it and on it manually.

Does this ring any bell with anybody? I guess I have to contact Apple about it but I thought it would be good to present it here first to be possibly better prepared for my call to Apple.

Greetings - desertman

2. desertman thread starter macrumors 6502a

I just finished a chat with Apple and they will send me a replacement iPhone 4S. That was pretty easy. On the summary page for this case Apple calls the new phone

"iPhone 4S, MM, 16GB, Black, AE"

I am wondering what MM and AE might mean. Does anybody here know that?

Greetings - desertman