Once Upon a Time

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Southern Dad, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Does anyone watch Once Upon a Time? This is certainly an interesting show. It's got all the fairy tales we remember from our childhood with a bit of a dark twist to them. I'm still in season three, so I've restrained myself from watching but even the Frozen princesses are in the newest ones.

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

My wife has gotten me into this. Her best friend recommend it to her and now we're hooked. We, like you, are on season 3 about midway through.

3. Southern Dad thread starter macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

My twelve-year-old daughter got me watching it. She's tracking my Netflix to make sure I don't skip ahead. I just watched, "Lost Girl" episode 2 of season 3.

4. AppleUser13 macrumors newbie

AppleUser13

5. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

This is a great series. I actually think of it more like a Disney's fairy tales with the plot twists and different story lines that you'd find in Heroes. It's really deep, but once you get started with it, you'll find it hard to stop watching.

The only issue I can see with it is that at some point they'll start to run out of fairy tales to use. But until that happens, enjoy it; It's that in depth and that good.

BL.

6. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

7. Southern Dad thread starter macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I keep rooting for the bad guys. It drives my DD12 nuts. But Regina is better looking that Snow White and Rumpelstiltskin is just too cool.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

The bad guys seem to be more interesting than the good guys. I like Emma too though, but I've liked her since she was in House.

9. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

The question to me now becomes: what other tales and characters can they bring in? To date, they've brought in Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Peter Pan, Rapunzel (Tangled), Frozen, The Little Mermaid, and Beauty and the Beast.

That leaves what: Aladdin, Princess and the Frog, and Brave? any others missed?

BL.

10. Southern Dad thread starter macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

Pinocchio, Jiminy Cricket, Little Red Riding Hood, Captain Hook, The Queen of Hearts, The Seven Dwarfs...

11. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

Dwarfs were already covered. Hook is already covered. Red Riding Hood was already covered... I don't know how far you are into the series, but they have been on the show (won't say when, or spoilers)..

Only thing I can think of is if they start to bring in some of their real life (read: non-animated) characters.. Mary Poppins, perhaps?

BL.