Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BarbaricCo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2012
We were always lacking number of games but there were times when Mac was so advanced and ahead of time that there was a kind of games that can only be made and only be played on Mac.

It's now painful to watch this Fortnite performance and Mac is not for graphics threads so just for newcomers to understand all the olders grinding around forum. :)

https://obscuritory.com/essay/joe-sparks-interview/

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah, we can even hark back to the days of Pong and Breakout, look who's old now LOL. But hey, no regrets, I can play so many different games even on this 2011 iMac, I can load emulators for loads of different consoles and play games from year zero or Year Pong, perhaps, right up to virtual present day. Most recent games I played without Boot Camping were Rayman Origins, Steamworld Heist, Steamworld Dig, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight and on Boot Camp most recent was Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I can play Super Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog, all the other big names, Assassin's Creed. Did I manage to kill this thread already? LOL

BarbaricCo

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2012
Yeah, we can even hark back to the days of Pong and Breakout, look who's old now LOL. But hey, no regrets, I can play so many different games even on this 2011 iMac, I can load emulators for loads of different consoles and play games from year zero or Year Pong, perhaps, right up to virtual present day. Most recent games I played without Boot Camping were Rayman Origins, Steamworld Heist, Steamworld Dig, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight and on Boot Camp most recent was Rise Of The Tomb Raider. I can play Super Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog, all the other big names, Assassin's Creed. Did I manage to kill this thread already? LOL

2011 iMac here too! LOL :)

Running strong and with a GeForce Now really don't miss a game. Bootcamp also but I just prefer native Mac titles or classics like Stalker, FNV and even Sonic Generations trough Wineskin on MacOs.
More games and less time than ever but Mac is not superior platform like it once was.
Remembering when DOS friends look at Mac or just watched QuickTime movie in disbelief. :)

And it's not on the cutting edge of technology and media creation anymore - VR for example.

vkd

macrumors 6502a
Sep 10, 2012
2011 iMac here too! LOL :)

Running strong and with a GeForce Now really don't miss a game. Bootcamp also but I just prefer native Mac titles or classics like Stalker, FNV and even Sonic Generations trough Wineskin on MacOs.
More games and less time than ever but Mac is not superior platform like it once was.
Remembering when DOS friends look at Mac or just watched QuickTime movie in disbelief. :)

And it's not on the cutting edge of technology and media creation anymore - VR for example.

Yeah, in recent years tech has gone floating into waters that I'd rather not traverse. I have virtually no need whatsoever for any innovation made over the last 8 years, thats why I'm sticking with my 2011 and Mavericks 10.9.5.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.