Once you get used to mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by bigjnyc, Jul 22, 2008.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

So i've been a mac user since april of this year and so far i'm loving every minute of it, i started out with a blackbook and have added an imac to my arsenal, along with a whole host of other apple accessories. up until yesterday i didnt fully realize how cool apple products were....

my friend, a female who doesnt really know much about technology purchased an Acer laptop and it came pre-installed with windows vista, I guess vista has gotten a really bad rep because she called me up and asked me to help her downgrade to XP... I was surprised because she doesnt really know much about technology she just bought this thing to surf the web, check email and use MS office. So she comes over last night and as soon as i take it out of the box it feels so weird to me for lack of better word it was just ugly and clunky, then i realized i had gotten used to the look of my macbook, right there my appreciation for apple design grew immensely and i dont know how i used windows PC's and laptops for so long.

So i go ahead and install XP and it turns out this thing didnt come with a cd for all the drivers :mad: so i go to the Acer website and the drivers section is down anyways to make a long story short after googling around and spending all night searching for drivers i was pretty frustrated. finally got the last driver working at 1:30am. I was cursing Acer, windows and anything pc related at that moment.

Anyways the point to this pointless story is that I realized how cool apple products are, everything comes with its nice setup CD and the design is so nice and sleek, I am certainly a customer for life...... and it goes beyond the OSX vs Windows thing, its all the little details and minimalist design that really make apple elite. I certainly dont try to convert people, i dont bash windows users but i'm just glad i switched over.

2. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I too recently switched over and have a pretty similar view about things. My girlfriends fairly new HP laptop just lacks the quality that my mac has.

I wouldn't describe the OSX experience as revolutionary compared to windows - but it's the subtle design differences both aesthetic and practical that make the apple experience worth paying more for.

3. tmelvin macrumors 6502

tmelvin

I hear that. I started in March with an iMac, then in May'ish I added a Macbook [refurb]. I had to work on an HP at work [I'm in IT], and I hated it! I took my trusty MB, and do everything I need to without the crashes, slowdowns, etc.

I'm a lifer...

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 601

bigjnyc

exactly!

5. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Well, as it goes for most,

The more you love OS X the more you hate Windows.