Once you go Retina you can't go back.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Textureboy, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Textureboy macrumors 6502

Textureboy

I've seen people post about issues going back to "regular" display after using their Retina. When I first received my retina, I had my pc and Mac on side by side, as I was still transferring and getting use to my first Mac.

It's been over a week since I turned on my PC and my eyes could notice the difference by A LOT!

I even went to the Apple Store yesterday, helping my friends decide between the Air vs Pro and I couldn't stand the resolution of anything else.

But after a while your eyes will soon adapt to the crispiness after some

2. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

It was an immediate difference to me

I was very happy at how far away I was typing on a Retina MBP at the Apple store when I tried it out two months ago. It delighted my myopic vision to no end.

Once these get better battery life, I'll definitely give it another look IF I still need a full blown computer.

3. Zeov macrumors 6502a

Zeov

i have no problems going back to regular 1680x1050 or full HD displays.... yes the Retina is a lot better.. but it's not like i have any problems with normal displays

4. P1otr macrumors member

Since I got my retina iPad- i find it much harder to work with my non-retina iMac and MB Pro displays.

5. PEN10k macrumors regular

Got the rMBP, and I seriously can't go back to non-retina. Impossible.

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

7. children macrumors regular

First world problem much?

I would gladly go back to hi-res or full-hd if were available in the same package and a hundred or so dollars chaper. I only bought the retina due to the improved design and thinner form factor. The retina doesn't help my productivity one bit.

8. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Sad isnt it lol.

So many posts here are "first world problems".

Like the "3rd rMBP and still minor IR, Im returning my product even though it only occurs during IR test and not any regular day to day use.".

9. NikkiJayne macrumors regular

NikkiJayne

I've still got an iPhone 3GS and it's horrendous to look at after being on my rMBP, but I notice it more after using the new iPad (not mine, my dad's). I wish I could afford a new phone! #totallyafirstworldproblem

10. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

lol yea, I have an iPhone 4s, every time I see a 3G(s) Im like... VOMMIT.

11. stevelam macrumors 65816

The difference between iPhone 3G and iPhone 4 is much more apparent than normal laptop screen vs retina MacBook.

I use my RMBP with a 1080p 23" external monitor. No problems working with both at the same time.

12. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yet going from my iPhone 4 to the classic mbp doesn't bother me one bit

13. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Yeah, the 3g has a bluish hue, wheras the 4 is warm. Personally, the non retina doesn't bother me, it's the temperture i don't like.

Iv'e used two ipad three's and using lower PPI on my devices doesn't bother me. I guess although i see sharp the sharpness in the new ipad it really isn't much of a difference pixel wise on my eyes.