Once you install iOS 7 you can't really go back

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by tymaster50, Jul 6, 2013.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I went back to iOS 6 for a week because I needed battery life (on vacation) and here I am right back on iOS 7. The features and looks are just too cool. I know its a useless discussion but I just wanted to share.

2. typeface macrumors regular

Not at all useless. Personally, I prefer... well, I won't say - that way noone will involve me or direct vitriol at me :p

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It's ok man. I'm a flashy guy so iOS 7 is a perfect fit for me lol

4. typeface macrumors regular

"He went back to six, he did it for kicks, but then he missed seven, because it's sheer HEAVEN!"

:p

5. GrandPhrase macrumors 6502

But once again he's wonderin' if he should go back to six, back in his mind - "go for the bug fix"

es. Who knows about the 7th iOS? Battery might call for S.O.S..

:]

6. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

I went back just fine. iOS 6.1.4 is much more stable, and the battery life has been amazing for me.

I do agree though that once a stable iOS7 is released, I won't be able to go back. I like the new features, and despite a few design gripes, overall, I think it is a great upgrade from 6.

7. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Even with the stability issues on iOS 7, when I downgraded to iOS 6 I just had to go back to 7 because 6 just felt like i was using Windows 95

8. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

Yeah, I experienced the same. I'd rather put up with the bugs than go back to the ancient iOS 6 interface!

9. typeface macrumors regular

Don't be heard telling the luddites this - they'll smash you with their hammers and pitch forks...

[​IMG]

10. KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

No difficulty going back here.

I'll take an OS (IOS6) with text that I can actually read, everyday of the week and twice on Sunday, over an OS (IOS7) with text I can't read.

11. Ann P macrumors 68020

Couldn't handle the beta bugs so I went back. I'll miss the control center, for now.

12. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I definitely can understand your thoughts. However, I don't think it's THAT different. iOS 6 still is pretty cool, but definitely doesn't look as flashy as iOS 7, which I really like.

13. Belazor macrumors member

Belazor

I had to go back from Beta 1 (as much as I tried to resist) but I've seen no reason to go back from Beta 2 - it's miles more stable.

iOS7 is what made me drop all considerations to get an Android phone. I can get most of the shinies I care about from Android (such as a beautiful lock screen, beautiful & integrated weather app, a great photo viewer with useful grouping options, quick settings) with all the benefits of iOS / iPhone (such as stability, simultaneous updates, great update longevity, excellent battery life, excellent camera, excellent build quality with a premium feel).

I wish iOS was to more people's tastes, because I personally believe it's a product to be lauded.
    I guess I'm just fortunate it is to my taste :)

14. typeface macrumors regular

Or to look at it another way... (this is me speaking, not you, btw):

<sarcasm> I wish more people had good taste, and they'd understand iOS 7 </sarcasm>

15. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

One thing I didn't like, which is to say I noticed the difference, was the clock font on the lock screen in iOS 7. I use my phone as my time piece so I regularly pull it out of my pocket to check the time. Particularly in sunlight the iOS 7 font is far more difficult to see. However, I would say that's the only time I really have difficulty. Are you exaggerating when you say you can't read the text or are you talking about one part specifically?

16. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

Upgraded, picked up the free t-shirt, then dumped it like a bad girlfriend with boundary issues. I don't care if most people think that ios6 UI is "stale". At least it is usable and has easily readable fonts.

Ios7 has A LOT of great stuff going on, but I personally have to wait for a jailbreak so I can theme it. Which will be the first time I ever installed a theme on my iPhone.

Note*** Have they done ANYTHING with the fonts to increase readability in beta 2? I tried beta 1 and the lack of drop shadows and bad fonts made it basically unreadable on the lock screen and spring board.

17. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I feel the same.

I'd go back to Beta 1 too, but a lot of my apps actually got fixed (more or less) on Beta 2, and with Beta 3 right around the corner I think I can hold out.

18. martinocando macrumors regular

martinocando

Unless is horribly buggy (which I doubt), I'll stay with B3 and move forward with the next betas until final release. I decided I can live without the apps that didn't worked on B1 and B2. Even if they still don't work in B3.
    Now, if they do work in B3, would be stellar :D

19. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

I love iOS 7 despite the bugs, because I know they'll be fixed in time. I don't think I'll go back to 6 ever again unless I have to restore again or something. Haha, I even feel weird typing on the old keyboard that sometimes accompany not yet updated apps :p

20. KenAFSPC, Jul 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013

KenAFSPC macrumors 6502a

No, I am not exaggerating.

I have to strain to read the font and to decipher various other interface elements without my reading glasses. I have no such problem with the fonts and interface elements in IOS6. IOS7 font settings have no effect on most UI fonts.

21. alanjfrancis macrumors newbie

Same here. I installed beta 1 of iOS 7 on my black 4S. Found the battery life was awful, but love the changes and when I heard beta 2 resolved battery life, installed it beta 2 and haven't looked back. In fact I sold my black 4s and bought a white iPhone 5 as the white one looks better with iOS7 :D:cool:

22. mr100percent macrumors newbie

mr100percent

Is it even possible to go back? Once your iCloud backs up an iOS 7 device, won't downgrading it to iOS 6 make it impossible to restore using that backup?

23. alanjfrancis macrumors newbie

Yes, if you restore from a iOS6 backup stored on your computer.

24. Dalton63841 macrumors 65816

Dalton63841

I can't think of a single time I have ever restored to a backup. I always setup as new device, and then sync with my iTunes library. The only real difference it makes it with stuff like game data. Contacts and everything else sync from iCloud just like normal.

25. aimee.elizabeth macrumors 6502

Do texts sync from iCloud as well? And doesn't restoring from iCloud take a long time?