One AirPod Wonky - What to expect @ Apple Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Chupa Chupa, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I bought these in Dec when they were first released. No probs up until a couple weeks ago when the right AirPod started charging inconsistently or not at all and also not even working randomly. Re-paired it a few time but that was no fix.

I have a Genius appt. today just wondering if anyone else had this issue and how it's handled. Do they hook it up an diagnose it like other devices? Just replace the wonky AirPod or do they insist on re-pairing it and if it happens to work at the store tell you to come back if that doesn't hold?

2. dgreening macrumors member

I have had a similar issue but I noticed something when I put the Airpods in the case. I put one in and then wait till I see the green light flash and turn amber then I do the same for the other Airpod. If it doesn't turn amber I take it out and then try again. This has seemed to fix the non charging Airpod. What I was noticing when I put one Airpod in was the light stayed green (IMO - not charging). Since I have started this process I haven't had any issues with the Airpods not charging in sync. I hope this helps. Now I am not saying there isn't anything wrong with the Airpod because I too have had mine since Dec and I did have Apple replace 1 Airpod and then they noticed something with the case and it was replaced too. That was back in February.

3. Bako-MacAddict macrumors 68000

Bako-MacAddict

Thanks for the tip. This exactly what I been doing for the last three days. I would always get to the gym with one stupid AirPod not charged, ah! So irritating. But I've been doing the method you described and it has been helping. I wonder what's is causing that problem though.

4. ascender macrumors 68020

They'll probably just swap it out for a new part after asking what the symptoms are and what you've done to try and rectify it.