one Apple TV two appletv tv remotes?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by x-evil-x, Apr 8, 2018.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68040

x-evil-x

I have my Apple TV running to two seperate rooms tv's I want to get another remote for the living room. Can I use an extra appletv remote with the same appletv? having two paired at one time?

2. JackieInCo Suspended

Yes you can. I'm still using a white remote that came with my old 2010 MB with my 4KATV plus the remote it came with.

3. rolandhurt31 macrumors newbie

The Home Button on my Amazon Fire Stick Remote has the ability to switch my ATV 4K on/switch to it as well for some strange reason.

Roland

4. waw74 macrumors 68030

you can only have 1 siri remote at a time.

you can use the old apple IR codes though, so any older apple remote will work, or a lot of smart remotes have the codes built in.

also your TV remote might be able to control the aTV via HDMI-CEC (it sends commands over the HDMI cable, and will depend on if your Television, and HDMI splitter support it.)

5. priitv8 macrumors 68040

Ans then there are the iOS remote apps for iPhone/iPad.

6. JackieInCo Suspended

Just tested this and it's true. I tried another 4KATV remote with the 4KATV that I am using the old white Apple remote with and only the remote that the ATV came with will control the ATV.

I can use the remote that came with my Samsung TV To control my ATV. I just use the control wheel to control everything and instead of the actual pause button on the remote, I use the center button as the pause button.

IMG_0386.jpg

7. digitalexplr macrumors 6502a

digitalexplr

Which are great! If my wife has the remote (and she usually does), I just take my 8+ or iPad and change the station.