One AT4 per TV?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by caligurl, Apr 18, 2016.

1. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I assume that it's one AT4 per TV that you want to watch stuff on. I haven't found a thread yet that talks about using one AT4 but getting the programs from the apps onto multiple TVs. If there is a way... How?

thanx!

2. jdag macrumors 6502a

1 per TV unless you really want to rig up something with an HDMI splitter and long cables. Even still, you'd have the same programming on each TV if you did that. So yeah, 1 per TV.

3. caligurl thread starter macrumors 68030

caligurl

That's what I thought... but I wanted to check before our return period was up since we have 4 of them!

4. -Gonzo- macrumors regular

I'm sort of in the same position, I was using an ATV3 but have since purchased an ATV4 so that's in the lounge, my ATV3 will go in the bedroom and I'm gonna get 2 more ATV3's which will probably be second hand as they can be picked up fairly cheaply now for the kids rooms so then we all get to use my iTunes purchases as well as Netflix etc.

5. mildocjr macrumors 65816

I've bought a ATV2, 2 ATV3s, and an ATV4.

I gave the ATV2 to my mom, my daughter has an ATV3, and our old ATV3 sat in a box waiting for a relative who wanted one. The ATV4 had issues with wi-fi so it's currently in the shop getting looked at, I'm pretty happy I hung on to that second ATV3.

6. JeffPerrin macrumors regular

JeffPerrin

Netflix seems to be having sporadic issues with the ATV 4 lately, so the ATV3 is sitting next to it ready to roll if Netflix goes down on ATV4.

7. mildocjr macrumors 65816

Having sporadic issues on ATV3 as well. It's a server side issue.