One button answer voice chat invitations in iChat?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mal, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

I use iChat all the time for voice and video chats, usually with my manager, and I'm finding that I'm getting annoyed at having to move the mouse to the window and click twice to answer the chat (once to highlight the window and reveal the buttons, once more to accept). I would love to be able to set up a key on the keyboard to answer the call, since I have a number of unused function keys (I use some of them for Dashboard and Expose, and to launch my POS system and Apple's warranty site). I use Quicksilver for those last two functions, so if there's a way to set a trigger there that would do that it would be great.

Any advice is helpful!

jW

2. 11800506 macrumors 65816

This isn't what you're asking for but you can set up in iChat's preferences so that whenever you get a video or audio chat invitation it automatically answers it and starts the chat.

Edit: Well now looking in the preferences I can't find it. I could have sworn I saw something like that though.

3. Mal thread starter macrumors 603

Mal

See, the thing is, I don't always want to answer, I just want it to be easier to do so when I do.

jW