One can only hope Apple improves the camera

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ABC5S, Jun 20, 2015.

1. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Wish list......

Wanting to ditch my point and shoot ( canon SX700 HS) camera for a one in all phone/camera combo next time with the iPhone 6s or what ever its called, I do hope APPLE releases an iPhone update that compares with the LG G4 smartphone that just came out. YouTube below, and a hands on with the LG G4 phone at the mall, really has impressed me, so if LG can do it, why not Apple next time around ? Even the LG G4 camera best the Galaxy s6 as well.

My iPhone 5s was good, but this is very impressive with the LG. Of course the LG is way too big and I prefer iOS

2. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I'm sure the camera from the iPhone 6s will at least match the LG G4's camera, even if it doesn't have an f/1.8 aperture. It kind of has to, since one of the main selling points of the "S" series is the camera.

3. jerwin macrumors 65816

If there was a contest for "most generic" photography, this reviewer is well placed to win it, regardless of which cameraphone he uses.

4. I7guy macrumors G5

The camera in the iPhone 6 is very good. If you look at side by side for example even the s6 does not go as well in some instances.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

The images from the 6/6+ have been stunning, but I agree. There is room for improvement and hopefully the S version will do just that.

6. Andres Cantu macrumors 68030

Andres Cantu

I agree. It just shows how well Apple optimizes its cameras and takes full advantage of whatever technologies they use.

7. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Yeah I am satisfied enough with my iPhone 6 but would love to see them do something about the nasty bokeh the 6/6+ produce, with the Monet/water color painting sort of effect. The LG G4 has wonderful depth of field effects, really "smooth" bokeh, etc.

8. cynics macrumors G3

I think that video was a fair review of both and I mostly agree with the reviewer.