One Click Photo Editing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Gryfon19, Mar 31, 2008.

1. Gryfon19 macrumors regular

I'm a fan of the one touch photo editing in Picasa. Otherwise, I like using iPhoto (despite the lack of effectiveness using "Enhance"). Clicking enhance often makes the picture look worse instead of better.

With that said, is there a better application for Mac OS X that has a good one-touch photo editing feature? I'm not very good at editing the photo myself and would love to be able to make the pictures look better without much effort. I've read about Lightroom and Aperture (not interested in Photoshop). Do either of those offer this feature or something similar? Thanks!

2. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Hi,

Be sure to check out and play around the Adjust pane in iPhoto.
    Lightroom and Aperture are both Pro Apps, so they will require some time for you to learn.

However, if the starting material isn't so good, no Enhance function, of any program can do wonders.
    There are plenty of guides on taking good photos, make sure you get the best from the camera. Then the Enhance feature will also perform better.

Hope his was helpful.
    /Rupert

3. Gryfon19 thread starter macrumors regular

I do give the Adjust pane a try, it just never seems to make the picture look better (only worse). I agree with you about taking photos, but when there is one I want to make better i find that the one-click editing in Picasa is the feature that separates it from iPhoto, IMHO. Picasa seems to make the photo look better much more often than iPhoto. Otherwise, I like using iPhoto. It's just the darn one-click fix that disappoints me.

4. mackindergarten macrumors 6502

Well, seems like there is no real "fix" here... What you can always do is install Parallels to run Picasa (seems awful) or download the Aperture Trial and see how you like it.

/Rupert