One click to show DESKTOP

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AppleCandidate, Nov 6, 2007.

1. AppleCandidate macrumors member

Does anyone know a way to go to the DESKTOP with one click - if you have several applications opened? I'm not talking about sliding things outside and reveal the desktop underneath like F13 does, more like the way Windows behaves.

2. TheStu macrumors 65816

http://www.silvermac.com/2007/show-desktop-in-os-x/

In case you don't want to click the link

if you can see a shred of your desktop, Command+ALT+Click on that and all your windows except for Finder will be hidden.

3. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Hmmm. On Leopard I can just press <Ctrl>2, or 3 or 4 :eek: Honestly what's wrong with the way Expose´ handles it?

4. AppleCandidate thread starter macrumors member

Got the software and it works great - thanks so much!

5. SteveG4Cube macrumors 6502

With Spaces I just use Command-> to switch to a space with no open apps, but in Tiger I just wrote a script and put it in the dock to switch to Finder and hide all other apps.

Attached Files:

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I'd love someone to come up with a way to toggle a window from the dock. For instance, if I have Photoshop open and I want to hide it, I could click the Photoshop icon in the dock and it would hide...if I want to unhide it, I'd click the icon again.

7. Edot macrumors 6502

Why is everyone so obsessed with having all of your windows hidden? Can't you just learn to use Alt+Tab, and Expose, Spaces. There is no need to only have one window open at a time and hiding everything so frequently. Kick the old habits folks, I am sure it is just wasting your time anyway.

8. TheStu macrumors 65816

Ctrl+Click (or if you are on a MacBook/Pro, two finger click) on the icon in teh dock, and choose "Hide".

Alternatively, if it is the active app, then Alt+clicking on the icon will hide it.

9. tanyakumar macrumors newbie