one computer two different time machine copies ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidcalvet, Nov 10, 2009.

1. davidcalvet macrumors member

Is it possible to have one computer with time machine, but doing two diferents copies of it in two diferents hard disks.
    But I want to do the same copy, in two hard disks.
    Can it be done.
    Thanks

2. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

Are both hard drives connected to the computer at all times? Cause in that case there's no point. You might try having an offsite backup though.

Personally I just use an Internet Backup provider. The client runs in the background, and updates every time I am online.

3. macgrl macrumors 65816

"Personally I just use an Internet Backup provider"

Who do you use? I am looking for a good back up provider. I have had a look at some but the upload speed is so slow for the amount I would like to back up - about 70GB

Many thanks :)

4. tofagerl macrumors 6502a

tofagerl

I use Crashplan, that way the same software backs up to the net, and to my own server so I can quickly get my stuff back if just my harddrive goes down, and if the house burns down I can still get my stuff the slow way.

5. davidcalvet thread starter macrumors member

explanation

I am using the same computer at home and at the office.
    At home I have a time-capsule and I just upgraded my hard disk on my computer and I was thinking to use the one I removed as a external hard drive.
    And I thougth that the best way to do copys is with time machie.
    So it's two different disks with the same computer.
    Sorry for the confusion.