One Couple, Two iPhones, Must Have Accessories?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lorenwade, Feb 26, 2009.

1. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Tomorrow, my wife and I go into Best Buy to get our iPhones. We're going to use our Reward Zone discount to get $50 off of each. I'm getting the white 16gb and she the black 16gb.

A few accessories we know we're getting:
    SwitchEasy CapsuleRebel Case (for my Wife)
    Ghost Armor (for me... might get a case later also)
    Griffin PowerDock (to dock both phones)

Are there any musthaves that you guys have found undeniable? Anything that you know you couldn't have without?

Anything I'm missing out on? Any suggestions? Apps?

Thanks!:D

2. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

InCase Slider Case
    Good quality headphones
    Bluetooth Headset---I'd recommend the Motorola H12, Plantronics Discovery, or the Apple BT Headset
    iTunes Gift Cards ;)

3. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

So you use a bluetooth headset AND a good pair of headphones then? That was a dilemma I had. I wasn't sure if I should get something with an "all in one" function for mic, controls, and listening, or what. Haha.

4. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I love that you are getting a white phone and your wife a black one. I have a white one, too, and really love it!

Other than a case, I haven't needed anything else for my iPhone. I don't recommend those clear shields for the screen, I throw my iPhone in my pocket with coins and keys all the time and there's not a single scratch on the glass.

The earphones that come with the iPhone have a tiny mic built-in already, and you can control the iPod app with it, too.

Enjoy!!

5. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

My complete package for me is ANY Incase Slider (using metallic red right now), a PS anti-glare screen protector, and a pair of V-Moda Vibe Duo Headphones w/ Mic (perfect noise isolating headphones to use with the ipod and take calls when running around NYC or at the gym....love them)

6. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Haha, everyone else laughs at it too. If you knew us, you would totally get it. My wife thinks I'm metro, but I like white! It looks better! And my wife is hardcore about her gadgets. Always black. She loves black.

Anyway, I have a 32gb iPod touch right now with the NeoTouch case from Switch Easy. I love it. It also has a screen protector on it and it has served me well. So I might need to disagree with you there. Hehe. Thats why I am getting the Ghost Armor. I want to keep the look of the iPhone, so I wanted to get something that would retain that.

Yeah... I don't mind the built-in phones... but the quality just isn't that great (sound-wise). But I do appreciate your feedback!

Edit: I re-read your post and realized something. For the purpose you're using them for, I probably will too now. Running, working out, and on the go... answer calls and listen to music in one device. Perfect. I just wish there was a better quality option without sticking something in my ear canal (can't stand those).

I'll check those out!

7. Trajectory macrumors 6502a

I have the Agent 18 clear case and like it because you can see the entire iPhone through it, including the nice white back with the logo. Some people don't like this case because it can pop open if you drop the iPhone. This has happened to me twice, but, as the case cushioned the fall before popping open, the iPhone was still protected.

Exactly! I like the iPhone headphones because while listening to music, if I get a call all I have to do is squeeze the little mic on the right wire to answer the call, and the same to end the call. When the call ends, your music starts playing again automatically. While music is playing, squeeze the mic to pause, double-squeeze to jump ahead to the next song, triple-squeeze to go back one song. Only thing you can't control is volume. But, the iPhone has a rocker-switch on it for that.

The only problem I have with Apple's earbuds is that they don't fit my ears very well, so, have a tendency to fall out too easily.

8. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

This why I highly recommend "in-ear" V-Moda Vibe Duos w/ Mic

They rock for everyday errands and are great at the gym. I don't hear anyone around me haha

9. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Even though they're in-ears, I'm gonna check them out.

10. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I use the headphones for music mostly. The Bluetooth is convenient just because of the lack of wires. Consider what you'll use most, and if you can't decide, get both. You always have the option to return if you wind up not using one. :)

11. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

I think thats what I'm gonna end up doing too. I read some reviews on the V-Moda Duos mentioned above and that is too much bass for me. I listen to a lot of Rock, Hardrock, Metal, and some pop, and some classical. Too much bass is a huge turn off for me! Haha.

Anyway, thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I do appreciate it. If you guys have any more, I'm open ears!

12. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

I'd recommend the B&O Earset 3 for headphones. I too hate headphones with too much muddy bass (Bose cough cough) but these have a good balance. If you listen to a variety of music genres, these would be good.

The Earset 3 has a mic built in, so if you aren't wanting that they also make the same headphones without the mic called the B&O A8.

13. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Oh, great! I will check them out.

14. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

I'm probably gonna suggest a car charger and an external battery pack.

A car charger for the iPhone, if you own a car and driving simultaneous long drives. The best one that I have so far is the Griffin's PowerJolt Car Charger which is only $19.95 on the Apple Store, works great. I have mine bought since July '08 (I see my review lol)

Now an external battery pack, if by some chance you play(use) your iPhone a lot, an extra battery will come in very handy. I've got an Imax External Battery Pack since Sept '08 and it's been working flawlessly. It gives me approximately 4.5x full charges for an iPhone, it is lightweight and small and fits my extra glove compartment on the car, my pocket, or my work desk

BTW if you are new to AT&T, a referral could help and a FAN discount :)

15. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

4.5 FULL charges? Holy buckets! That is a must have! My only issue at this point is the $60 price tag. It might be a bit much. Either way, if external batteries are getting that much extra juice, that is a great on-the-go option.

A car charger, for me, will be unecessary if I get the external battery. Or maybe I should just do the car charger instead. I didn't really explore these options but I will now.

As far as the referral goes, PM me in to give me some details. I know that I am already going to get my employee discount for where I work. As long as that does not conflict with anything, then let me know whats up. I won't be on the computer any longer than another hour if you want to catch me before I get the iPhones in the morning.

16. tdgrn macrumors 6502

I really like the Invisishield full kit that we (Best Buy) started to carry. That would protect your phone as well as allow you to keep the look of it.

17. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Thanks for the suggestion! I agree. I'm planning on purchasing Ghost Armor, which is very similar.

18. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Thank god. I thought this was some new video making the rounds.

19. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Ahh!!! Hahahahahaha. Thats too funny.

20. Mr. Giver '94 macrumors 68000

Mr. Giver '94

21. T-Stex macrumors 6502

I'd definitely recommend a decent set of headphones with a built-in mic. I'm currently using the Nuforce NE-7M, and love them. They're a bit cheaper than the Vibe Duos, and I think they're a bargain at $50.

Also, I like having a bluetooth headset, just for taking calls when I'm at my desk, walking around, or in the car. I use the Plantronics Voyager 520, which I think I got for around $35. It's comfortable, loud, and people on the other line can hear me clearly.

22. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Those are great suggestions. Thank you. I've been looking for a bluetooth with those qualities.

Also, about the good headset with mic. I totally want one, just haven't found anything I like you know? The Vibe Duos are WAY too bassy for me and most headphones of good quality: yuin, grado, sennhesier, etc... don't have a mic! :(

23. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Not sure if there's some specific reason you want the Ghost Armor, but if not, I would check out www.bestskinsever.com. I am a HUGE fan of the BSE one-piece back. It's really easy to install (relatively speaking), covers almost the whole back and chrome and it's CHEAP!

Just my .02$

24. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

velvetelvis

as far as headphones go, i have had to return my v moda vibes twice now. i finally got sick of it and got the apple ones. love them. great sound and they feel good in my ears. comes with a mic so no battery draining blue tooth.

25. lorenwade thread starter macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I really appreciate them. I already have my Ghost Armor. Seems to me the reviews point to them more than the others and I really like it so far.

And I don't mind the Apple buds. I'll probably best sticking with them for a while.