Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Well, have a look at the picture. It is the newest release of Panther (10.3.1) and I guess it is time for a reboot.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Huh, here is the file:

Attachments

• mymac.png
    mymac.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 320

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, it is definitely neat. It reminds me of some problems that I used to have with Windows 98. Unfortunately, the reboot frequency that I now enjoy using Panther also reminds of the second-to-worst OS ever Win 98 (Of course, there is still Win ME).
Does anyone know how i could submit this bug? Maybe in a way that would actually make people at Apple read about it?

hobbes3113

macrumors regular
Oct 18, 2002
NYC
Is this real??

Is this a real bug, or just a slick PS job? I have several friends using 10.3.1 and nobody has seen this. I highly doubt the authenticity of the bug. It is a neat trick, though...

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Is this real??

Originally posted by hobbes3113
Is this a real bug, or just a slick PS job? I have several friends using 10.3.1 and nobody has seen this. I highly doubt the authenticity of the bug. It is a neat trick, though...

I saw this SAME bug on a friends iBook running Panther 10.3.1. It was a slot-drive iBook.....he rebooted, and it stopped.

Weird.....

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2003
Yeah, this is real. It has only happened to me this one time but it would be fun to see it again. At first, I only noticed the bug in the title bar of Safari's windows, but after restarting Safari, even the menu mixed up. iTunes was in the background the whole time so I don't know when it messed itself up.
I discovered the save dialog when I tried to export the file in Fireworks and decided to put a screenshot of the dialog into the original one. So that is the only part that's 'photoshopped'.
If you want more proof, I can easily brag with my uptime:

Schreibtischlampe:~ sschmidt$ uptime
1:17 up 2:14, 2 users, load averages: 0.73 0.74 0.65

Makosuke

macrumors 604
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
That's very, very weird, although obviously also rather rare since I've never personally seen or even heard of anyone having that happen until now, and I hang in tech support forms a lot.

To let Apple know, use the OSX feedback page and maybe link them to the image on the web somewhere. You could also post it in Apple's discussion forums.

Finiksa

macrumors 6502a
Feb 23, 2003
Australia
OK that's pretty damn wiggy!

I used to have a similar problem under OS X 10.1, What hardware are you running?

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I had that happen to me once under Jaguar (I don't know which revision). That was on my iBook G3/800. But I've only seen it once, and I bought that iBook almost a year ago.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.