One customer in the AT&T store at a time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by OpenWheelFan, Jul 7, 2008.

1. OpenWheelFan macrumors member

Stopped by my local AT&T store today; in addition to the expected info (8am... one iPhone per person... etc, etc), they gave me this tidbit that I hadn't heard elsewhere:

they're expecting a line, and will have security. but ... and here's the new info... they're only gonna allow one person inside the store at a time.

inasmuch as they're expecting all customers on the 11th to be buying the 3G, it kinda makes sense. nonetheless, it's an interesting crowd-control approach.

just thought yinz would be interested in hearing this... ;)

OWF

2. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I doubt this is true. They wouldn't be able to get through all the people on Friday.

But maybe that is why they started at 8am instead of 6pm :/

3. Spongey817 macrumors regular

I guess this makes sense. The at&t store that I plan to go to won't hold more than 10 people, anyway.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

This is more than likely true, as it was the same thing that happened last year. Only 1 person allowed in the store at once, which is better like that. But all the employees make you nervous :eek:

5. OpenWheelFan thread starter macrumors member

true. but what if it really means that they're letting people queue up outside the store, and only allowing them to enter when a sales rep frees up? if you've got five sales reps on duty, only five customers inside; when one customer leaves, with his/her precious 3G in hand, another customer is allowed to enter. makes more sense that way, and keeps them from having a mob scene inside the store, to boot.

6. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

there are at least 6 kiosks at my local at&t store... i'm sure they'll all be running and activating phones.

7. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Unless if they only have one machine at that store that can "unbrick" or whatever Apple called it in their memos, then I don't see this happening. Maybe they meant one customer per capable machine in the store at a time. It makes sense to me if that is the case, that way if there is any customer that is not getting an iPhone 3G.

8. bigtar macrumors member

So what happens in my situation, when I have to bring my wife, because we both are upgrading, but each of us can only buy one? I have to buy hers, because I am the signer on the account. they would help me out a lot if I could buy both, and therefore leave her at home in bed:)

9. claybo macrumors newbie