One day sale on Canon refurbs

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by danimal99, Dec 15, 2009.

1. danimal99 macrumors regular

Dunno if anybody is interested, but Canon appears to be having a 20% off sale on their refurbs until midnight tonight. I'm trying to convince the wife that I need a $399 HG20 right now.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

If you have kids then you need once to capture every moment!

3. ian.maffett macrumors 6502

ian.maffett

and if not, you could always bribe her with kids...

Not exactly my BEST advice...

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

LMFAO this is it ...

danimal99: hey baby, i need a new camera
    wifeness: no you ****ing don't!
    danimal99: ok but what about recording all of those precious moments with the kids?
    wifeness: we don't have kids nimrod.
    danimal99: *unzips pants* if we go now then we'll have paid the new camera off by the second trimester.

Internet advice: always awesome.

5. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

lmao!

Gawd it sucks being on unemployment. I want a 5D.

6. danimal99 thread starter macrumors regular

Well mission accomplished - HG20 for $427.99, tax included (free Fedex ground shipping). Didn't even have to add a third child to convince her! :) (Although she did say she was going to get it and wrap it and I can't open it until Christmas - oh well, I guess I can't be too picky this time of the year.)

Now if I can just get it to play nice with FCE on my MacBook Pro 13"!

7. danimal99 thread starter macrumors regular

Just a quick update: I got my camera in [fast shipping for free Fedex ground!], but too late to get out and do some good outdoors shooting. So far this camera is pretty awesome though, moving up from an Elura 100.

However, even though it's definitely an HG20, it has 120G hard drive in it. Should I be doing a woohoo happy dance right now? :) Although, I am intending to primarily use SD cards for transporting video to my June-09 MBP 13", on the assumption that it would be much quicker to copy compared to plugging the camera up via USB.

Anybody have a good informative website for backing up AVCHD (yes, I have also searched and been reading the archives too)? Is Flamingo/Voltaic/RevolverHD a good solution?

Thanks,
    Dan