One dead pixel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jabingla2810, Feb 26, 2016.

1. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

After owning my iPhone 6S+ since its launch, I have discovered a single dead pixel.

Do these appear throughout the life of a display or will it have always been there?

It's a constant black dot about 1cm from the top of the screen. And it is easily visible in almost every app thanks to its location. No idea how I haven't noticed it before!

It's one tiny dot on an otherwise perfect screen, but the trouble is, it's all I can see now. (Yes first world problems)

What are Apple like with these sort of issues? It seems so small that I'd probably be wasting my time as the Apple Store. Which is about a 2 hour drive away.

2. Stacked macrumors regular

They'll replace the screen/device. I've never been turned away for an iPhone screen anomaly.

3. xixi.li macrumors regular

Maybe you can make a call to the apple service center first.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Sounds like it will drive you crazy. Only Apple can answer this question. If you do not have AC+ Apple might choose to repair rather than replace with a refurb. Always taking a chance that the refurb has a problem, too.

5. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Depending on where you currently live. Usually Apple can just replace the screen only for things like cracked screen or dead pixels.