One Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by meyer1131, Sep 26, 2008.

1. meyer1131 macrumors regular

I have one dead pixel at the bottom of my screen that keeps flashing. Is this covered by apple? My macbook was purchased in January. What will they do for me?

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

One pixel is will within their accepted bounds (so no replacement/exchange). In addition you've lived with it for 8 months significantly weakening any bargaining position you had. They'll do nothing.

3. mosx macrumors 65816

To me, a dead pixel is unacceptable. You need to get Apple to replace that display by any means necessary.

But you really should have done something about it when you got it.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

It may be considered within the bounds of manufacture quality control; the question they'll want to ask, but not is why did you wait 8 months?

5. meyer1131 thread starter macrumors regular

6. chscag macrumors 68000

Meyer1131:

Go here and give their on line pixel repair software a try. It may be able to restore your dead pixel. No guarantees but worth a go:

http://www.jscreenfix.com/basic.php

Good luck and regards.

7. meyer1131 thread starter macrumors regular

8. OrangeSVTguy macrumors 601

OrangeSVTguy

Yeah the screen massage works. But it will still come back if there was a problem with it. Happened to one of my LCDs. It started flickering after 3 years so I just slightly pressed on it and it went away. Came back a few other times but I havn't seen it in weeks.

9. meyer1131 thread starter macrumors regular

just to give you guys a heads up.. they said it was a group of pixels and something foreign got into my screen which caused something like a back light failure there.. and they are replacing my screen :)