One finger to two thumbs...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Oh-es-Ten, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Oh-es-Ten macrumors regular

Oh-es-Ten

Hey folks,

I ended up switching from one finger typing to 'two thumbs' after about two and a half weeks after purchase.

Wondering if people have the same type of timeframe..?

Overall I do really think two thumbs is faster, although I do sometimes have trouble making sure I hit the space area properly...

I also tried with two fingers on the one hand (pointer finger and middle finger) and that works pretty well too...

But I will get the two thumbs perfect... with practice..

2. tonywob, Dec 11, 2007
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  3. mrtune macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

The iPhone is too narrow for me to hold in a way where I can type fast and accurate with two thumbs.

I cradle it with my right hand and use a 1 thumb, 1 finger approach to typing, works real well for me. I type faster like that than with two thumbs and the phone feels more secure in my hand.

4. Drumjim85 macrumors 68030

Drumjim85

I never used one finger. Its always been two thumbs.

5. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

Same here.

6. SpankWare macrumors regular

I've been two thumbs since the day I bought it. iPhone does a really good job of fixing my typing mistakes so there was no reason to start off one finger.

7. m477h3w macrumors 6502

Same for me!!! The iPhone is the best phone I have ever had for error correction, and was pretty much texting faster with two thumbs than on any other phone within the first hour :D

M

8. megfilmworks macrumors 68020

megfilmworks