one ? for you pro's

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SNAKEYES, Feb 10, 2010.

1. SNAKEYES macrumors newbie

Just got my MBP 15" 2.8 in the mail today. But heres the ? I have; it says on the box that it was made in 2009/07/02. Is there any difference in this one and the ones made in Dec2009 - Jan2010:confused::confused::confused::confused:. Any help would be grateful thanks in advance.:D

2. 7even macrumors 6502a

Guessing you ordered from a third-party seller? No, there should be no difference, since there have been no updates between then and now.

3. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Don't worry! No updates have been made since 7-2-2009. Enjoy your new Mac!

Habitus :apple:

4. SNAKEYES thread starter macrumors newbie

cool just worried

Thanks for the help guy 2k is a lot to pay not to have the most current one. Now as far as the NEW NEW MACBOOK PRO diddy:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:dont even get started lol

5. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Does it have snow leopard though? That could be the only difference.

6. SNAKEYES thread starter macrumors newbie

no...

but there was a disk sitting in the box with snow on it. Is it a bad thing or would one made at a later date be better? You know like you never want the first few new cars of the line. Plus I also found out that my apple care started back in 07 2009. When the company bought it from apple not the date that i bought it. Does this sound right; cause I just got it a few days ago but already 6+ months into the 1 year warr. Please help

thanks

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

Might want to call Apple about that... it "should" start on the date that YOU bought the computer. And if Apple can't help you, then you should be able to return it to the seller.

8. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

A new MacBook Pro will come out this Tuesday or the Next one anyways :) I suppose that your store has a Return policy, just in case you want the newest one :)

9. smithmax13 macrumors member

10. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Yeah, it depends on the company. If you bought it from an authorized reseller then you can submit a warranty update claim to apple and they will adjust it accordingly. I had to do this when I bought an iPod touch from amazon and the warranty was off by 4 months.

11. neondrgns macrumors regular

neondrgns

he bought it from shambo's badboy pro store. Don't worry he future proofed it...there should be an A-trac at the bottom of the box.