One hand usage

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbates123, Sep 21, 2014.

1. bbates123 macrumors regular

How many of you are still able to effectively use your 6 one handed? Do you find the Reachability feature helpful or have your found other ways around getting to the top corners? Are you holding the phone differently? I'm still struggling with this and curious to hear how others are dealing with the issue.

2. CalMin macrumors 6502a

CalMin

I have the iPhone 6 and, yes, it's a bit of a stretch to reach the top. I'm trying to rewire my brain to use the reachability function, but it will take a while.

Overall though it's not bad at all and I've been feeling like the iPhone 5 screen has been too small for a while.

3. andymodem macrumors 6502a

I can use the 6 with one hand perfectly. One of the main reasons I cancelled my 6+ order and picked the up the 6 instead. Couldn't be happier.

4. NachoGrande macrumors 6502a

I have the 6 and its tough. As much as I love the screen, I still prefer to hold my 5...

5. bbates123 thread starter macrumors regular

Did you change the way you're holding the phone? Using Reachability?

6. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Reachability is now a way of life for me now.

7. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

Also having a tough time. I thought it really wouldn't be that bad, but it is. And I keep forgetting about reachability, and when I do remember, it just makes me think "I don't want a phone that's big enough to need this".

And before anyone tells me to return my phone, I want the Apple pay. It's the single biggest reason I bought the 6.

8. andymodem macrumors 6502a

No. Basically, when I use the phone one handed, I support the bottom of the phone with my pinky finger and that allows me to reach anywhere on the screen with my thumb by moving my finger.

9. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

I can't stand reachability. I looked for an example of the one hand mode that the androids have. I would LOVE for an iOS update to allow the screen to shrink down to the good old iPhone 5 size in which every corner you wanted. Or just make it adjustable as screen scaling to the users discretion. Might be a little too radical for Apple to allow this to happen:rolleyes:

10. mjschabow macrumors 65816

Yeah but on the Note series it takes too much work to actually navigate to the option to shrink the size of the screen.

11. jrcsh6 macrumors 6502

jrcsh6

Put a toggle in the settings for the double tap that is reachability. So once you double tap you select the option you want for one hand use. Then also put a toggle in the slide up controls next to rotation lock (don't remember the name of that menu)