One Handed DS Games?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by pcypert, Aug 25, 2007.

1. pcypert macrumors 6502

This is an odd request I know...

I'm about to start getting my 3/4 sleeve and will be sitting for quite a few hours with nothing to do. On my previous tattoos I've had my hands free to play games or work puzzles. Are there any games out there that can be played relatively well with one hand?

Paul

2. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

brain training? or any other game that is 100% touchscreen

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

if you like puzzle games, planet puzzle league (or is it puzzle planet league?) and picross can both be played one-handed. however, it's still helpful to have that first hand at least to hold the ds

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Any 100% touchscreen game.

Brain Age, WarioWare, Kirby's Canvas Curse, Elite Beat Agents (my personal favorite)...

Also, Advance Wars CAN be played entirely with the touch screen if you choose...

5. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

And what, pray tell, art thou doingst with thine other hand???:rolleyes:

6. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

7. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

i detect monkey business

Attached Files:

8. pcypert thread starter macrumors 6502

I wondered how long the thread would go before a joke :) My other hand will be numb and bloody in the hands of a skilled artist...probably one of the best in Thailand ;) I'm thinking this one will be between 10 and 15 hours.

Paul

9. jczubach macrumors 6502

jczubach

what kind of 'artist'? dare i ask:rolleyes:

10. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I'll second Picross. I think I like it more than Sudoku, for good mindless :confused::p brain exercise.
    Hope you've got someplace to plug in. I'm not sure even the DS will stay charged for 15 hours.
    You better be posting pics of your sleeve when it's done. :)

11. pcypert thread starter macrumors 6502

I'll only be sitting for 3-5 hours at a time. After that you're body quits releasing endorphins or whatever and I'll be pretty tired of sitting...plus the pain to my wallet as I'm paying by the hour as we go :)

I'll go check those games out. I wish they had a Kakuro game for the DS...been in to that more lately than Sudoku but hard to flip the pages to the sum charts with one hand I think...

I'll post pics maybe, but it's not a gaming sleeve...sorry, no marios here :)

Paul

12. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Magical Starsign only needs one hand. This game took me 4 months to "beat" it. :eek:

<]=)

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just couldn't resist, could ya? :D

It doesn't seem like there're a lot of games that fall into the category of "play one handed" and also "play for 3 hours." I couldn't see spending more than one hour at once on Brain Age, even though I love it (perhaps 15 minutes on brain training and 45 minutes on Sudoku, and I'd have to tap out!). :(

Any pictures of what's being done on your sleeve?

14. pcypert thread starter macrumors 6502

Not yet...he'll do a minor sketch to make sure I like what's being done. The rest will be freehanded. I've watched him do a few of them now and it's pretty impressive he can do so much on the skin. I'm getting a Phoenix rising from the flames as the major theme though...in a psuedo asian style except without the dark black swirls so popular in Jap style...a little Chinese and Thai style to fill it out and make it his own...

Well a few puzzle games will tide me over for a while. Guess I can reload season 3 of the Office and maybe put some Extras on there too to watch...actually maybe not...don't want to start laughing and move :)

Paul

15. 7on macrumors 601

7on