One Handed Test 4.7 iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pug72, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Pug72 macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Ordered a cheap TPU case to tide me over until I'd chosen a better option (have now and ordered the Spigen Neo EX).

It arrived this morning which allowed me to check the one handed use.
    Very happy. :)

I do have big hands though which probably made it easier.

(Sorry about the manky thumbnail, trapped it in a car door a couple of months ago and is growing out.

2. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

You could've gotten the plus! Ha, that case looks like a 5 case in your hands.

*Wants to see someone do this with a 6 Plus*

3. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

Thought that, lol.

I will be trying out the Plus when I see one in store and will get one if it passes the one hand test. I really don't think it will though, even with my shovel sized mitts. :D

Tried a to-scale cut out and holding it to reach the home button I found it uncomfortable to hold and difficult to reach about.
    Like I said, I will try one for real before totally dismissing it.

Looking forward to Friday :).

4. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Haha at the thumbs up at the end! :D My hands aren't big and I ordered the 6+ :/

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If you compare the dimensions, the 4.7 is only slightly wider than 4" iPhones so yes, it makes sense that one-handed use is still quite feasible on the 4.7.

6. Ayr macrumors 6502

I have the 6 and 6+ cutouts here which I've reinforced to play around with. Both feel small.

Maybe after having an iPad all phones and phablets feel small.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Yes, because you're not thinking about putting it in your pocket or handling it single-handedly if you're around and about carrying something else in your other hand.

8. Ayr macrumors 6502

Although the actual device is more cumbersome, tasks like texting more accurately would be easier for me with the larger screen, especially when one-handed.

I've always struggled with texting on these small phones ever since we moved on from physical buttons.

9. hansokl macrumors regular

10. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

11. Pug72 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Pug72

That's probably the main reason the Plus is maybe impractible for me, the size in my pocket.
    Although I've ordered the 4.7 for practicality, I would love to have the bigger screen.
    Would be fine in the large pockets of my cargo shorts, but not in my jeans.

Maybe when they shrink the bezels down a touch that would be remedied for me.

12. sekazi macrumors 6502

I made some mock ups to test before I ordered and with the 6+ I could not even reach the other side of the screen with one hand. The regular 6 was fine and with reachability it will finally fix the issue I had with the 5 where it was a stretch to get to the top right when using it.