"One Home Screen" needs a MAJOR update!

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Dayvidpriddy, May 5, 2019.

1. Dayvidpriddy macrumors member

Currently, for the Apple TV, you can turn on "One Home Screen" so that if you have multiple Apple TV's in your home, you can have the same apps/layout across all of your Apple TV's/screens.

I sent this into Apple's feedback this morning: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE for the LOVE OF GOD, add the ability to also sync all of the settings in the Apple TV's "Settings" app as well. I just bought a second Apple TV yesterday and have literally spent the past hour running from room to room, going thru menu by menu, so that I could adjust the settings on the new device to match up to the one I already have. This is a MAJOR issue and needs to be addressed, I can't understand why it hasn't already.

I feel like I've about had a stroke (this part wasn't included to Apple) o_O

2. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

OMG First world problems x a million! :)
    I guess the reason why the settings aren't synced is because you are using a different make/model of TV and it may operate better on different settings.
    I'm not convinced that Apple would ever do this feature as firstly everything is set to a default mode and then it's up to the user to tweak even though Apple does not feel that this is necessary.
    The thing is, once you've set this up, that's it, you won't need to do it again.

Not to sure what you've been tweaking on your ATV but I believe that the only setting change that I made was the MATCH content/frame rate settings. I not messed around with anything else.

3. nicho macrumors 68020

why didn't you just set it up plugged into the same tv, replacing your "running" with source switching on the tv remote? you could then have moved your apple tv to the desired location.

4. newtonuk macrumors member

newtonuk

Surely this whole ecosystem is a first world problem x a million!

5. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

Certainly not a problem at all - it just works! Try Android or Windows, then you'll know stress and problems! Or try a BANG&OLUFSEN product whose software is bug after bug after bug. They sold a very cheaply made tablet thing using very basic components with dated Android software to highly ignorant customers who paid £2000 - the price of a well spec'd MacBook Pro and it never worked properly from day one. Three years later, it was 'removed' off the market. That's dishonesty - Apple's engineering and implementation cannot be described as that.

6. newtonuk macrumors member

newtonuk

Okay, so it affects the third world as well then. I can see how this whole ecosystem affects not only the first world.

7. PilotC150 macrumors regular

Or grab your phone and take pictures of each settings screen, then just reference your phone while configuring the settings.

Sure, having the settings sync from a different device would be nice, but it would have to be configurable in some way. You wouldn't want all settings to sync, especially many of the video and audio ones because the capabilities of each TV can be different. I want the "One Home Screen" so all of my apps are the same, but if it tries to configure my bedroom Apple TV with 4K HDR (like my projector) then that just won't work.

8. Dayvidpriddy thread starter macrumors member