All iPads One iPad - 4 monitors

Discussion in 'iPad' started by carlsson, Aug 15, 2014.

1. carlsson macrumors regular

carlsson

I have a delicate problem. One of my friends works in a church and they want to show some contents from their iPad, to four monitors for the crowd.

- I want the four monitors to act as one.
    - I need to connect them wirelessly.

To find an HDMI splitter is no big deal. But to find something that streams video wirelessly more than 30 feet seems very hard.
    I was thinking about Apple TV and connect this to the wireless network, but I cannot stream the video to more than one ATV at a time. Right?

Any ideas on how to solve this? Cost is not an issue. But they are not able to solve this with cables.

2. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Yeah, if it was a computer with iTunes, you can stream to all 4 at the same time, but not with an iPad.

Crazy idea, but idk if it will work, Apple TV to first TV and Airplay to that. Then AV out from that TV to the next. And so on.

4. carlsson thread starter macrumors regular

carlsson

I don't understand how to do that.

Four separate monitors, connected wirelessly.

----------

Is this feasable even with picture? I thought it was only sound?

The four monitors are separated with 30-60 feet each.

5. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

It wouldnt be wireless, but you could get long HDMI cables.

ATV ----HDMI Splitter---Monitors

6. js81 macrumors 65816

js81

7. JAT macrumors 603

This is exactly what we do. Helped set one up last month, doing another tomorrow. Using Monoprice splitters. Note, they are not simple like a Y cable. While these do exist, I would spring for a powered device that can actually handle the bandwidth needed for a major HDMI split. This might be a good choice, gives you an option for a 2nd source device if you need it in the future.

Wait, except for the wired part. We are also using wireless HDMI transmitters. Seems to work.

So, that would be:
    ATV ----HDMI Splitter--- HDMI wireless transmitter---receiver---Monitors

8. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

Not sure how it would work with the iPad, but maybe.. Lightning to HDMI adapter to HDMI splitter to four of these..

Edit: It appears the transmitter can handle up to four displays, so you would just need three extra receivers.

9. carlsson thread starter macrumors regular

carlsson

Thanks for the answers!

JAT: What wireless receivers do you have? Do you know how far they reach?

Trius: Do you know the range for those?

The wireless range is important, as I mentioned the monitors are 30-60 feet/10-20 meters apart, and cover quite a ground. I have found a solution but it only reaches 30 feet.

10. Trius macrumors 6502a

Trius

They are rated for 150 feet. They work off of Wifi so you would need a wireless network as well.

11. JAT macrumors 603

I'm not sure of the exact model, I wasn't buying them, but the distance was over 30 feet, through the floor to a basement for one of them. Today we used wired, with Monoprice HDMI to CAT6 converter to allow for the long distance.

30' max sounds like crap. But most of them can beat that, like the Actiontec above.

12. crowd551 macrumors newbie

13. dannyc1985 macrumors newbie