one ipad and two iMac's?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by GilesM, Mar 18, 2012.

1. GilesM macrumors 6502

Hello all.
    I have a 'new ipad' on the way for my wife, but we plan to both use it.

Is there any way to have ibooks,magazines, apps and the like from two iTunes accounts resident on two iMacs to both be available on the iPad, or is it really one user per iPad?:confused:

2. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

LMAO.

you're only fooling yourself if you think your hands will ever touch that ipad.

Reverse the purchase
    2 ipads
    1 mac

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If you share the same Apple ID you can share everything you d/l from iTunes. Otherwise, no. Also you can only use one Mac as your sync "base," or you can use iCloud.

4. gatearray macrumors 65816

If each of you have your Apple ID authorized on both iMacs, then the content can live on both hard drives, although you may need to move it over manually and add it to each iTunes library.

In the past, it was only the iTunes music that could be synced from one Mac. Apps, books, and other content could be synced over with a cable from iTunes, even though it came from a different users Apple ID.

5. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

As I understand it, you can load content from two or more iTunes account onto a single iPad, but the content all needs to be on a single computer, because an iPad can sync to only one computer at a time.

6. GilesM thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you all, you have confirmed what I thought would be the case.
    Looks like my wife will just have to buy my content for me!
    I guess that is not such a bad deal.. I see a second iPad in my future...:apple: