One iPod Touch - 2 Accounts?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Renator, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Renator macrumors member

I have a 32 gig 3rd gen Touch. Is it possible for this one device to have two accounts and sync to two different iTunes. If so, please advise how. Thanks. Oh if this was already covered could you point me to the right thread?

2. celticpride678

The iPod touch can be synced to only one account and one computer at a time.

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

I am not sure how she has it set up but my daughter uses my iTunes account here in New Zealand as well as her own account in Australia and has apps and music from both accounts on her iPod touch and her iPhone. I know she has to log in and out of either account when she updates apps but other than that everything seems to work alright.

I have also read of other people who have set up accounts in other countries to get apps that have yet to be released or are not available in their own app store and used them both on one device.

4. Worf macrumors regular

Thats because the iTunes STORE accounts are authorized on two different computers. That means the apps will work fine on each library but the device can only be synced with ONE computer. However apps can still be transfered from the devices onto each library.

5. zjzjn1 macrumors member

I have 1 iPod touch and two iTunes accounts. One with credit card (Slovenian) and another one a
    American without credit card. It works, but a little glitchy. I sync it to only one computer.